Embroideries

Embroideries

Saturday, May 8, 2010

She Stoops to Conquer: Anne Stradal, designer


Project: She Stoops to Conquer
(painted canvas)

Designer: Anne Stradal of ABS Designs

Type of needlework: Needlepoint

Photos: 3




Comments: This is a fun design that Anne created for us. So many of us can say that we have found ourselves in such position, looking down at our scale to tell us how we are doing weightwise.

When I initially saw this design, it made me smiled and I wanted to stitch it. If you go on Anne's website you will see that I have changed the colors I used for mine and changed a few details in the stitching itself.

The framing of the piece, I wanted to do myself so I have made myself a fabric frame following the instructions I had read in the Embroidery Canada, Spring 2007 magazine from an article called "It's time to display" written by Susan Donn.

I have decided against making any cording around the framed piece as I felt it just did not need it BUT I am now reconsidering perhaps adding a piece of cording around the dark fabric frame on the outside of the frame. I need to check this out and try a few options to see how that would look like. With such finishing as I have done on this piece, it is really never too late to add something to it at a later date.

(Upper part of the design stitched)

(Fabric frame for the piece)