Embroideries

Embroideries

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Flower Diamonds: Terry Dryden, designer







Project: Flower Diamonds
(Pilot class)

Designer: Terry Dryden

Type of needlework: Needlepoint with Silk ribbon embroidery

Photos: 11

Terry Dryden's website: http://www.terrydryden.com/

Terry Dryden Flower Diamonds class: http://www.terrydryden.com/flower-diamonds-two-day-wkshp/

Comments: This was my very first pilot class project, which I did as a "ghost stitcher", actually it is my one and only pilot class (smiling). Terry had an actual pilot class for this project as well as a few ghost stitchers and our role was to try to find any possible mistakes in order to make things smoother for her 2009 ANG Seminar that was to be held in Milwaukee on August 31st and September 1st as a 2-day class.

I received over 30 different threads and 6 different assorted beads that I could choose from to stitch that project. I must say that many of those threads I had never used before so that was quite exciting. One of Terry's goal was to entice us in making changes, which I did to some extent.

On the very first photo above I am showing you a couple of those threads, but Jan from Thread Medley who also was a ghost stitcher has put a photo on her blog showing everything that she received in our kit, so you may want to pay her a little visit.

Terry Dryden had Flower Diamonds finished by Marlene Custom Pillows. You can see Terry Dryden's lovely neckroll pillow on her website here.

The design size of Flower Diamonds is 6 inches by 15 inches and the stretcher bars used were 12 inches by 20 inches and it took me approximately 3 weeks of stitching to complete this project. Since I had a deadline on this, I stitched exclusively on that project. Flower Diamonds has 3 panels which are yellow, lavender and orchid. Most of the design is the same in each panel except for colors and the central flowers.

My experience as a ghost stitcher with this project has been a fun one and I would not mind at all doing it again if the occasion ever presents itself in the future.

(Photo showing the Yellow panel)

(Photo showing the Orchid panel)

(Photo showing the Lavender panel)

(Lavender panel)

(Orchid panel)

(Yellow panel)

(Orchid panel)


(Lavender panel)

(Yellow panel)

Now, all that remains to do is to order all that I will need to finish Flower Diamonds as a neckroll pillow. I already have found some patterns that I really like, found some fabric that would look good with these colors, so I really need to take the necessary time to do the finishing on this one.