Embroideries

Embroideries

Friday, May 7, 2010

Here's My Heart Scissors Sheath: Janet R. Stauffacher, designer


Project: Here's My Heart Scissors Sheath

Designer: Janet R. Stauffacher

Type of needlework: Silk ribbon embroidery and beading

Photos: 2


Comments: I have purchased that kit a while back from Vintage Vogue and some time ago I decided it was time for me to tackle this project.

I must say that the instruction pages that came with that kit were extremely well done with plenty of photos. I was really impressed. Janet Stauffacher really makes it easy for us to make this project and I enjoyed myself.

The kit came with a little pair of French scissors which will be great to have around. You can never have too many pairs of scissors.

I have included a photo (above) that shows the little scissors attached to its sheath through a beaded loop and here below when the scissors are tucked in the sheath.

The three-bead edge that goes around the sheath can also be seen here though Janet explains it very nicely in her instructions.

SPECIAL NOTE: Some of you already know this, but most of you do not since I do not normally talk much about myself since I want my blog to be about stitching only.

I live in the state of Tennessee and it feels like almost the whole state has been flooded and most of us have been affected by this catastrophy one way or another. My house has not been flooded, but we had other problems like almost everyone else in this state. It has been and still is pretty awful and it will take a long time for the state to be back to what it used to be before this happened and I don't even want to contemplate how much it will cost.

Where I live, we had approximately 14 to 15 inches of rain in a 36 hour period, which is an awful lot of rain. For a few days we did not see our regular mailman and when we saw him again he told us that he had to take 2 days off because his basement had been flooded. Nashville and so many other places in Tennessee have been heavily hit, some places worst than others. We have to use water only for personal hygiene and cooking as so many water treatment facilities have been under water and needs to be repaired and I have no idea how long this will take. Nashville has one operating water treatment out of two and we almost lost it. That would have been very very bad if we had lost that second one. Similar scenarios for other towns. Many people have died and authorities are still looking for others who have not been seen since the rain started on May 1st.

I could fill pages and pages of all the bad things that have happened in Tennessee, but you can read more about it and also see photos in our local newspaper which is called The Tennessean.