Embroideries

Embroideries

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Crazy Quilting: Garden (Work in progress)


(Crazy Quilting Garden Block
with lots more work needed)


Project: Crazy Quilting Garden (WORK IN PROGRESS)

Designer: This is a joint project with Terry

Type of needlework: Crazy quilting

Photos: 8 photos so far

Comments: Terry and I started this project many years ago.

Once finished this should represent a crazy quilt garden.

Terry has done the first part of it, embroidering different things that you typically can find in a garden. My job is to fill in all the rest, which I have not yet started. She has put quite a bit of work in it so far, so I will have to soon get cracking on this project.

If I had to redo this project all over again, I would have chosen other colors and different fabrics for my garden, but since I can't very well do this, now I will have to work with what I have. I need to put my thinking cap and see what I can do with this.

I was thinking of finishing it as a pillow once all the stitching has been completed but I still have plenty of time to change my mind at least a couple of times about this before I am done.




(beehive)

(wishing well)


(Blossom tree)


(mushrooms)


(Rustic fence)


(Willow tree)


(Squirrel)