Embroideries

Embroideries

Monday, October 25, 2010

Burke, Ruth Dilts, designer


Project: Burke

Designer: Ruth Dilts

Type of needlework: Needlepoint

Photos: 2


Comments: This is the first Ruth Dilts Christmas ball I have done and finished this one as a rounded ball as you can see on the photograph below.

I am now working on a second one also designed by Ruth, which is called "Windsor" and it is a gorgeous bargello design this time around.

I have not yet decided how I will finish my second one. I think it would be lovely to have it framed. It has a 7 inch circonference, so a very nice size for it.

For the finishing of "Burke" I have used some dark red velour that I had in my stash for the back of the ornament and then purchased some braid to cover the middle joint all around the ball.


(Photo showing a little bit of the back and side)