Embroideries

Embroideries

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ivy Cottage: Di van Niekerk, designer


Project: Ivy cottage

Designer: Di van Niekerk

Type of needlework: Embroidery

Photos: 6


Comments: My friend Terry stitched this lovely Ivy Cottage for me for one of my birthday. She knew that I had always admired them so much that she could not go wrong with this gift. As you can see here, there were many cottages to choose from and I love them all. She could have picked anyone of them and I would have been just as happy.

 I often wish that I could actually live in a real one. These cottages just seem so cozy and so beautiful, surrounded by lots of flowers, shrubs and trees. If only I could that would really be a dream come through for me, but for now I can always look at Ivy Cottage and dream, dream, dream (grinning). It is hanging in my stitching room on the wall behind my computer so I can see it while typing this. Isn't life good?

(Photo showing the little Ivy Cottage all stitched before framing)


(Cottage before stitching)


(Beginning of stitching)


(Another photo)


(Coming along)