Embroideries

Embroideries

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Elizabethan Pencil box: Barbara Jackson, designer



Designer: Barbara Jackson

Type of needlework: Crewel embroidery

Photos: 6

Tristan Brooks Designs web site: http://www.tristanbrooks.com/

Comments: I had always been a bit nostalgic about old times when I had my own wooden pencil box when going to school and I had been looking for one for a long time when I saw this one on the Tristan Brooks website. The design was a crewel one,  not a cruel one, and since I love crewel, it was an easy sell for them to make. I also thought that the Olde Colonial pencil box was just so pretty. How can anyone possibly resist that? If you go to their website, you will see lots of lovely boxes that you can purchase, if you are so inclined.

(Photo showing the stitched design)

(Empty box)

(Left side section of the design)

(Middle section of design)

(Right side section of design)