Embroideries

Embroideries

Sunday, April 4, 2010

In the Garden, Anne Stradal, designer


Project: In the garden

Designer: Anne Stradal

Type of needlework: Needlepoint and Silk Ribbon embroidery
(Painted canvas)

Photos: 2




Comments: I have actually stitched this project for an Easter egg exchange a few years back. I just love the colors chosen. To me they make me think of Spring. I have changed a few things in Anne's design. If you go to Anne's website and look at her eggs, you will see that hers is different than mine. I have changed the way I did the grass and also the flowers and have removed the little rabbit and added a bird instead.

I have done the cording using the two main colors, blue and green and it was then ready to go to its new home. That is one stitched project that I was really sorry to see it go. Oh well, I can always look at the photographs.