Embroideries

Embroideries

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beginner's Hardanger: Marion Scoular, designer


Project: Beginner's Hardanger
(1999)

Designer: Marion Scoular

Type of needlework: Hardanger

Photos: 3

An EGA correspondence course: http://www.egausa.org/

Taken with EGA CyberStitchers: http://www.cyberstitchers.org/

Comments: Before I took this group correspondence course with EGA CyberStitchers, a course written by Marion exclusively for The Embroiderers' Guild of America, I had only done a few tiny hardanger projects and I wanted to learn the proper way to do hardanger.

I am so happy that I took this course as I had been having a few problems understanding on my own some stitches and that even with the help of some hardanger books I had, but with the instructions in this course, everything became clear to me and had no problem doing what was required in this piece. Marion's instructions are just wonderful. As a beginner's hardanger course, I could not have asked for better.

The design size is approximately 8 3/4 inch square. I finished mine using a 14" by 14" pillow form.


For the fun of it, I took a photo showing what the design looks like depending which way I would finish it. I decided to go with the same orientation that Marion used as it just seemed to make more sense.