Embroideries

Embroideries

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Keepsakes: Beverley Sheldrick, designer

Project: Keepsakes (Bookmark)

Designer: Beverley Sheldrick of New Zealand

Type of needlework: Embroidery

Photo: 1

Project coming from Inspirations magazine #50, pages 58 - 62

Comments: I am an avid reader and I can loose myself for hours in a book, so when I saw this little bookmark in that magazine I knew that I just had to stitch it for myself. Since I already had some lovely silk dupioni at hand, all that remained to do was to find some threads with some silk ribbons that would go well together and do the actual stitching which really did not take long at all. The finishing instructions that came with the project were also a breeze.

There are 2 other projects that accompany this bookmark, which I have not done myself, one is a pen case and the other one a notebook, both lovely.

UPDATE: Yesterday I received Anasazi Song from my framer. It was a very nice surprise as I was not expected to get it back so soon. I have taken a few photos and have added them to the Anasazi Song blog entry here.

*** Special note: We had some thunderstorms during the night and the internet connection did not come back until 8 o'clock this morning, which explains why I am late posting.