Embroideries

Embroideries

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Floral Fantasy: Susan T. Kerndt, designer


Project: Floral Fantasy

Designer: Susan T. Kerndt

Type of needlework: Needlepoint

Photos: 3

Comments: There is a little story about these two sachets. First of all, I need to mention that my friend Terry who lives in England stitched them both.

Here is what happened. Terry stitched the first sachet (the little purple one above) and mailed it to me on December 13/2010 for this past Christmas. She was obviously running a tad late and we both wondering what was going to happen.

 We have been sending each other things for years and it normally takes from 7 to 8 days to reach us, no matter which direction it is going.

I kept checking my mailbox and there was never anything from England. Days went by followed by weeks and still nothing. We were both starting to think that it was lost and it would never arrive.  After a while Terry said to me, I am going to stitch you another one. I kept telling her "wait a bit more, we just never know". Without telling me she started a second one and she decided to change the colors a bit just in case the first one would arrive. She did not want me to have two exactly the same. She mailed that second one on February 1st, 2011.

On February 7th 2011, the first one arrived as if nothing had happened (Dec 13 - Feb 7). It took almost 2 months for the first gift to reach me.

I had talked with my mailman about the parcel not arriving and he said I was not the first one to mention something like that to him but he had not seen it and I believed him. It just happened that my husband was outside the day that the parcel from England arrived and the mailman asked my husband if that was the parcel I was waiting for. He told him "I think this is it".

My husband came back inside with the mail and I then saw something from England. I looked at him in total disbelief as I knew instantly that this was the long lost parcel. I rushed to tell Terry it had arrived but before saying anything, I told her that she better sit down first. We were both in shock but quite happy.

When I told Terry about it the second sachet had already been shipped on February 1st. We were both wondering if we would be luckier the second time around. It arrived on February 26 (Feb 7 - 26), so it took about 3 weeks to reach me.

On the other hand, everything I mailed to her continued to take about 7 to 8 days, so the problem were on my side, not hers. I had the same problem with the Australian magazine Inspiration that was held at US Customs for the longest time. My feeling is that Customs were inspecting everything more closely, perhaps due to higher security concerns during that time and a backlog was thus created. Just speculations from my part as I will probably never know for sure.

Whatever the reason(s), I am now the proud owner of two lovely little floral fantasy sachets (big grin)


This is the second little sachet


Here is a photo of them together, one was done using 18 count canvas
and the other one using Congress Cloth.

No comments: