Embroideries

Embroideries

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Pumpkin Scissor Fob




Project: Pumpkin Scissor Fob

Designer: Something I put together for a friend

Type of needlework: Embroidery

Photos: 3

Where I often get my drawings: Cathy Creatif

Comments: If you have read yesterday's post about the little cat scissor fob, the process with this very smiling pumpkin was exactly the same. Found the drawing on Cathy Creatif here and proceeded as I did for the little cat.

What made me decide for this topic and not something else was bifold. Firstly, we both love Halloween stuff so why not select something with that theme and secondly I remembered her making a watercolour painting a while back with lots of pumpkins having different facial expressions and I remember her saying she had fun painting them and of course one could not help but smile while looking at them. With little projects like these, I feel that I can be as silly as I feel at the moment.

I wanted these little scissor fobs in addition to being very useful to be fun too for her.



Photo showing the pumpkin drawing in a diamond shape square

 


(Photo showing the two little scissor fobs made for a friend of mine)