Embroideries

Embroideries

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Spring Bouquet Tissue Holder: Angela Watson, designer


Project: Spring Bouquet Tissue Holder
(Inspirations magazine project)

Designer: Angela Watson of Queensland

Type of needlework: Embroidery

Photos: 2

Comments: Those of you who have been following my blog know how much I love the Australian magazine called Inspirations. I found this absolutely lovely and practical tissue holder envelope in their issue number 28 

Angela said that a travelling pack of tissues fits in the tissue holder and it perfectly does.

The original was done with Damask but I had none at the time and decided to use some Silk Dupioni instead. I have used the threads I had in my stash instead of the Madeira stranded cotton threads that was in the list of material for this project., so I ended up not having to purchase anything at all to make this project.

The instructions were very very good as always and I had no difficulties with either the stitching or the assembly part of it. I have kept this one for myself but this would also make a very nice gift for someone special.

(Photo showing the tissue holder empty and also a different view)