Embroideries

Embroideries

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Roses and Noel Ornament: Yvonne Reitsma, designer


Project: Roses and Noel Ornament

Designer: Yvonne Reitsma

Type of needlework: Embroidery

Victoria Sampler website: http://www.victoriasampler.com/

This is a free pattern from Victoria Sampler

Comments: This is another of those times when I was looking for something special to stitch to give to a friend for Christmas when I saw this charming Christmas ornament on the Victoria Sampler website.

This project has lots of bullion knots for the roses and buds, fly stitches for the leaves, stem stitches, lazy daisy stitches for the leaves around the buds and backstitches for the word Noel and a few colonial knots here and there.

I used the same color threads for the cording that I have used stitching the design when I finished the ornament instead of the white that you can see on the Victoria Sampler website just because I wanted a bit of color around the ornament. I also like the white cording.

I really enjoy stitching such projects and had a wonderful time with it. This is not a very time consuming project so I may decide to stitch one for myself too as I normally only stitch a project once so if I give it away then I end up with none for myself. I don't think that I would enjoy making multiples of the same design one after the other, but it has been a long time now so it will almost feel as if I was stitching it for the first time (smiling).