Embroideries

Embroideries

Monday, April 26, 2010

Rhapsody: Amy Wolfson (Amybear), designer


Project: Rhapsody

Designer: Amy Wolfson of Amybear

Type of needlework: Needlepoint

Photos: 2

Amybear Designs' website: http://www.amybear.com/

Comments: A group of us from the Yahoo group Needlepoint Etc. decided that we would do Rhapsody together using our own choice of colors. We even had our own Yahoo group just for that project.  Looking back at my own color choice, I am not sure what I was thinking back then. I would choose something very different today than I did years ago. 

I think it was Nancy R. from Chicago who had the best choice of colors, at least from my own standpoint. She had perfectly nailed it. I am trying to remember what her color choice was as it has been such a long time since I have seen her piece. I think it had different shades of pink with some green. The graduation of shades and colors was absolutely wonderful, just right. It made me regret my own choices even more, but hey that is life. We learn as we go along, at least I hope we do (grinning).

Most of us used Vikky Clayton's threads, which can be found on her own website called Hand-Dyed Fibers.

(Photo before framing)