Embroideries

Embroideries

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Florentine Pincushion: Brenda Day, designer


Project: Florentine Pincushion

Designer: Brenda Day

Type of needlework: Bargello

Photos: 4

Comments: I absolutely love this project. It was a real pleasure to stitch as bargello normally is for me and those colors were "delicious". Yes, I could almost eat them.

Though Brenda intended this project to be used as a pincushion, I am using mine as a little decorative pillow. I already have many of different sizes, style of embroidery and colors. I just love them.

Both sides, left and right, are exactly the same but upside down and it really makes for an interesting design.

This design asked for DMC Perle cotton #5 and also some stranded DMC cotton threads with one additional requirement, BEADS that were used for the corner tassels, a nice little touch to the finishing.

(Photo showing the border all around with the middle separation)

(Both sides stitched)

Photo of the book where this project came from. We even see the picture of the little pincushion on the left
comfortably sitting on the chair.
Name of book: Bargello, A fresh approach to Florentine emboidery
by Brenda Day