Embroideries

Embroideries

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Fabulous Finale: Jim Wurth, designer


Project: Fabulous Finale
(12th of the series)

Designer: Jim Wurth

Series: Dodecagon ornaments

Type of needlework: Needlepoint

Photo: 1

Jim's Yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DodecagonSeriesOrnaments/

Comments: This is the last one of the Dodecagon Series but not the least. It is absolutely beautiful.

As I have said before, I am not the kind of person who will sign up for series, any series, never had done so before Jim came up with this Dodecagon series ornaments, and mostly when I can't see them all beforehand as the question is for me, will I like them or not?

With this series I could see 3 out of the 12 in an advertisement that Jim had made in the magazine NeedlePoint Now. When I saw them, I stopped dead in my tracks as I felt the designs were just so special, but I did not do anything about it for a long while. It actually took me months before I finally made the decision, with my husband's input, to register for the whole series, as I felt it was a big investment in both time and money.

I am happy to say that I have  never  regretted that decision as it has been a wonderful stitching journey for me. I can now do Jessicas with my eyes closed (grinning). Does that mean that I will register for other series in the future? Not necessarily so, unless something this special comes along again.