Embroideries

Embroideries

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Iris: Susan Portra, designer


Project: The Iris: A Stylized Interpretation
(1991)

Designer: Susan Portra

Type of needlework: Needlepoint

Photos: 2

Comments: This is one of the first project I did when I learn to do needlepoint. I liked the project but was not all that enthusiastic about doing it in the beige colors that were displayed, so asked for some help in selecting some colors that were more to my liking and I ended up with the above stitched project. Since I  had not a lot of experience at the time, I have to say that I found it rather challenging. It went into my UFO pile for a while and after getting myself more experience, I took it out and finished it. It is one of my favorite piece.



(Susan Portra's photo showing original colors)