Embroideries

Embroideries

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Edwina Gorey by The Sampler Needlework




Project: Edwina Gorey

Designer: Unknown

Type of needlework: Crewel embroidery

Photo: 1

(you need to call them, if interested, as this kit is not listed on their website)

Comments: Another project that I just love. This project has everything that I love and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The section that was the most fun for me was stitching her hair with bullions and I love the way it has turned out.

I love what it says about her on the instruction pamphlet:

Edwina Gorey:
 Our heroine reflects an earlier time when mourning samplers became the fashion. Her distress is still felt today but for a different reason. Her every fiber cries out. "but you don't understand, I can't do anymore!"
Her name owes a debt to Edward Gorey