Embroideries

Embroideries

Monday, February 1, 2010

Diamond Iris: Dorothy Lesher, designer


Project: Diamond Iris

Designer: Dorothy Lesher

Type of needlework: Needlepoint

Photos: 2

ANG CyberPointers' group project: http://www.cyberpointers.org/

ANG Chapter Project Book: http://www.needlepoint.org/CPB/2005.php

Comments: A number of stitchers on ANG CyberPointers have stitched this design.

I have always been a big big fan of Dorothy Lesher. I just love her designs. Working with these colors made me feel so good. There are colors that we all like better than others and whenever we work with them, it makes us feel good. This was one of those times. In all fairness, I must say that I love all colors, just not all the shades of the same color, but I do have my favorites. Normally I tend to rotate around the earth colors but since I don't want to get myself stuck in just a few colors, I often pick other colors that also appeal to me. That is why you will see lots of different colors in my projects.

What I found interesting is how much the finishing was different between us, whether it was the color of the mat, frame, what we put under the canvas as all the holes were not completely filled so we could see through them. It made each project so unique even if we used mostly the same thread colors.

I often take photos on this particular wall because of the lighting. but it is never where the projects end up.